Hammie Sammies, the Creamy Version

in , , by 👩‍🍳 Cooking With a Southern Vibe in Music City USA 👩‍🍳, November 16, 2014

NewImage

After I posted my recipe for Hammie Sammies, my cousin, Phyllis emailed me with her version.  This one has mayo and Phyl is a great cook, so I’m sure it’s yummy!

I pound baked ham
1 dozen dinner rolls ( the Hawaiian rolls are too sweet for our taste).

I mix about 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and 1/2 cup salad dressing together .. Add garlic powder and onion powder to taste

Spray bottom of pan with Pam

Cut rolls in half .. Spread a light coating of mayo mixture on rolls

I take ham and cheese and alternate on bun

I use mozzarella or provolone cheese

After I get all 12 rolls assemblied I brush a brown sugar mixture on top of them

1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar
Garlic powder to taste
Onion powder to taste
Dab of Worchester sauce

I melt all in saucepan

Put in refrigerator about an hour or overnight

Bake at 350 degrees till cheese is melted - about 20 minutes

I have used roast beef and pepper jack cheese

I like them on croissants

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan CAN Cook · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS