Barb’s Amazing Creole Burgers

in , , , by 👩‍🍳 Cooking With a Southern Vibe in Music City USA 👩‍🍳, November 13, 2011

creole

My friend, Barb was telling me earlier this week about Creole Burgers.  When she was a little girl there was a local drive-in called the Sani-Cream and they served these burgers.  When they closed, the owner gave her dad the recipe, and her family has made them ever since.

You all know about how crazy we are about my Sloppy Joes, and the Creole Burgers are, for me, a new twist on an old favorite.  I thought they were amazing, and I’ll make them again and again.  She couldn’t remember exactly how much ketchup and mustard to use, she just tastes it and knows when it’s right.  Since I had nothing to gauge them by, I found a recipe online, altered it a bit, and think it’s really close to what she makes.  Hope you all enjoy these as much as we do.

~ jan

1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 can of Campbell’s Chicken Gumbo Soup
4-5 tablespoons Heinz Ketchup
3 tablespoons mustard, I use Plochmann’s because it’s my favorite
2-3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
salt to taste

Brown hamburger and onions breaking it up and crumble as it cooks, drain, add soup and condiments and simmer 15-20 minutes.  It thickens as it cooks.

So easy, and SO good!

Note:  I added salt very sparingly as the soup gives you a salty base to begin with, next time I think I will sprinkle the hamburger with Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning when I brown it.

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan CAN Cook · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS